Insurance companies have a legal obligation to act in good faith when dealing with policyholders. They should not actively try to find ways to deny or undervalue claims, or use delay tactics to put off payment. Unfortunately, they do not always act with policyholders’ best interests in mind. If you are having trouble dealing with an insurance claim, Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC can help.
Our Corpus Christi insurance claim attorneys know what needs to be done to deal with providers who are acting in bad faith when dealing with policyholders, claimants, and beneficiaries. We know how to handle insurance adjusters and insurance defense attorneys. We fight for the fair payouts that our clients deserve and take on cases involving property damage, natural disaster insurance, health insurance, and more.
To talk to a skilled lawyer about bad faith practices by your insurance provider, call (361) 210-3729. Your consultation is free and confidential.
Examples of Bad Faith INsurance Claims
Insurance claims may be wrongly denied by providers who do not uphold their obligation to exercise good faith and fair dealing when handling a claim.
Examples of bad faith insurance claims may include the following:
- Failing to properly process a claim
- Failing to process a claim in a timely manner
- Improperly or inadequately investigating a claim
- Delaying payment on a valid claim
- Unreasonably denying a claim
- Retroactively cancelling a policy without just cause
How Do I File a Bad Faith Insurance Claim?
If you believe that you have grounds to file a bad faith insurance claim, you may be experiencing many details regarding this process that you were not aware of. When you contact a bad faith claim attorney in Corpus Christi, our attorneys can assist you throughout this complex and overwhelming process.
The following steps are required to file a successful bad faith insurance claim:
- Review your contract from your insurance company to ensure that there has been a clear and direct violation of standards.
- Check the date of your contract to ensure that it is dated before the date of the claim.
- Gather all photos, reports, receipts, estimates, and any correspondence with your insurance company to prove the validity of your claim.
- Write a demand letter with the help of our Corpus Christi bad faith insurance lawyer to request adequate compensation for your damages.
Talk to a Coastal Bend Insurance Claim Lawyer
If your insurance provider has acted in bad faith and denied, undervalued, or delayed your claim, you may be entitled to compensation beyond the value of your claim. In addition to the full value of your original insurance claim, you may be entitled to additional damages. Our Corpus Christi bad faith insurance attorneys will work to maximize your recovery.
Contact Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC today at (361) 210-3729 to get started. We serve the greater Nueces County area and the entire Coastal Bend.