Every day, we share the road with distracted, intoxicated, and simply careless drivers. In spite of our efforts to drive defensively and to obey traffic laws, we may find ourselves seriously injured in collisions caused by these negligent drivers or other circumstances beyond our control. When this occurs, we deserve to receive fair compensation from the at-fault party, but this is easier said than done. Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC understands the steps to take after a car accident due to our dedication and expertise.
If you were seriously injured or lost a loved one in an auto accident, you may face numerous challenges when trying to get your claim paid. Instead of being pressured into accepting an unfair settlement or finding yourself blamed for the collision, involve a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer from Carrigan & Anderson, PLLC. With our experience, combined with our skill and resources, we are here to help you seek complete monetary damages for your car accident.
Call (361) 210-3729 for a free case evaluation with our car accident lawyers in Corpus Christi, TX today!
Steps to take after a car accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) there were over 3,000 fatal traffic accidents in Texas in 2017. The aftermath of any type of car crash can be a traumatic experience for those involved. To ensure your safety after a car accident takes place, we have put together a list of steps to take during this difficult time.
Five Steps to Take After an Accident:
- Step One: Stay at the scene of the accident even if there is no visible damage to your vehicle or any other vehicles involved. It is a serious offense to leave the scene of the
- Step Two: Check yourself and your passengers for any injuries. Contact the police or an ambulance immediately if there are any injuries sustained.
- Step Three: Do not admit fault to any other parties involved in an accident once you are inspecting the scene of the accident.
- Step Four: Document the incident to the best of your ability. Take pictures of the damage to any vehicles or property involved. It is also important to document the name, license plate, and contact information of any other parties involved in the car accident.
- Step Five: Contact your insurance company immediately to file a claim. Do not admit any fault, but make sure to provide them with the detailed report of the accident, as well as any documentation you received from other parties involved.
Types of Car Accidents
Did you know that U.S. traffic accident fatalities increased in 2015 and again in 2016? In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) pedestrian and bicyclist fatalities reached the highest figures since 1990. We need to stop the driving behaviors that cause car accidents and hold drivers accountable for their wrongdoing.
Our Corpus Christi auto accident attorneys handles the following types of car accidents:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Speeding-related collisions
- Accidents caused by tired drivers
- Tailgating accidents
- Crashes caused by red light violations and other traffic offenses
We can help no matter the cause of your accident, whether it was another driver or perhaps a dangerous road or defective traffic light. With our over 50 years of combined legal experience on your side, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
To find out how we can help you, call (361) 210-3729. We’re here 24/7 to talk.